Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In Step



The charcoal outlines of limbs, branches, and tree trunks are glittering with the activity of glowing bugs. Serene - and yet still chaotic.

This evening, we eat with hands tied to each other. We find each other blind-folded and take trust walks. In all this, I realize, though seemingly obvious, that I am here to serve others this summer. In this community, I am called to sacrifice things I wouldn't normally otherwise give up: Freedom of independent living, sleep, dignity, and the list goes on.

Lord, I DO want to be in your community this summer. I want to love uninhibited, give with vigor, and learn with curiousity and heart.

If you have any encouragement form being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in Spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of other.

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 2:1-5

No comments: